The Introduction of PVC Thermal Stabilizer
PVC thermal stabilizer, the other name PVC heat stabilizer, is mainly used for PVC and other chlorine-containing polymers. It was founded that PVC can be processed only at above 160 ℃ while it began to thermal decomposition at 120 ~ 130 ℃, release HCl gas, if not inhibit the production of HCl, decomposition will further aggravate, this problem was the main difficulty in the development and application of PVC.
The study found that if PVC compound contain a small amount of salt metal like lead, the impurities such as soap, phenol, aromatic amine, does not affect the processing and application, and can have the effect of delaying its thermal decomposition to a certain extent. The above problems were solved, which led to the establishment and development of the research field of thermal stabilizer.
PVC products manufactures can choose the following kinds of stabilizer according to the content and property.
1) Salt base thermal stabilizer: salt base class stabilizer is refers to the combination with "base" of the inorganic and organic lead salt, this type of stabilizer has excellent thermal resistance, weather resistance and electrical insulation, low cost, transparency is poor, has certain toxicity, dosage is in commonly 0.5% ~ 5.0%.
2) Fatty acid thermal stabilizer: this kind of thermal stabilizer is composed of fatty acid root and metal ion compound, also known as metal soap thermal stabilizer, its performance is related to acid radical and the kinds of metal ions, the general dosage is 0.1% ~ 3.0%.
3) Organic tin thermal stabilizer, this class with PVC thermal stabilizer molecules ligand, unstable chlorine atoms and organic tin in the ligand carboxylic acid ester and unstable chlorine atom displacement.This kind of thermal stabilizer is characterized by high stability, good transparency and excellent thermal resistance. The disadvantage is that the price is more expensive.
4) Composite thermal stabilizer: this kind of thermal stabilizer is based on salt base class or metal soap liquid or solid complexes and organic tin compounds, including metal salts of calcium, magnesium, zinc, barium, calcium, zinc and barium - such as zinc and barium - cadmium;Common organic acids such as organic fatty acids, naphthenic acid, oleic acid, benzoic acid and salicylic acid.
5) Organic compound thermal stabilizer: this thermal stabilizer with a few main stabilizer used alone (primarily nitrogenous organic compounds), include high boiling point of the polyols and phosphite ester, stabilizer and phosphite with metal, can improve the weatherability of composite materials, transparency, improve the product surface color.
Shandong Polymer Additives Co., Ltd. Provide two kinds of Stabilizer: Lead stabilizer LS-15, LS-25, LS-35 and Ca-zn Stabilizer CS-50, CS-60, CS-70.
For more information, please contact with us.